Hunan Shin Shin Schools

Hunan is located in the middle reaches of the Yangtze River and south of Lake Dongting (hence the name Hunan, meaning "south of the lake"). Hunan's traditional crop is rice. The Lake Dongting area is an important center of ramie production, and Hunan is also an important center of tea cultivation. According to the census, 90% identified themselves as Han people, with the remaining 10% as minority groups. The minority groups are Tujia, Miao, Dong, Yao, Hui, Bai, Zhuang, Uyghurs, and so on. The Hunan Province is credited with being filled with skilled craftsmen and women who create the very best embroidered silks, carved jade, and other skillfully hand- made artistic goods of international quality.

Thanks to the generous contribution of donor Diana Wong and Cathy Tsang, Hunan province has the most Shin Shin schools: 51 schools were renovated between 2002 and 2005, plus four schools in 2006, and one school in 2007. Hunan Shin Shin schools are in two major areas in Hunan: Xiangxi Tujia and Miao minority autonomous region, and the rest of Hunan. Compared to the rest of Hunan, Xiangxi is less developed and in a disadvantaged economical condition. There are 34 Shin Shin schools in Xiangxi. In addition to the bright new school buildings, they also received follow-up funds to purchase computers and other equipment. They sent 32 teachers to participate in the English teachers training program, which enabled the village children to receive a better English education and an understanding of the world. The rest of Hunan has 22 Shin Shin schools. Because of Shin Shin's financial support, they experienced a higher student enrollment and education standard. Changde Normal School has been the home of Shin Shin's English Teachers Training Program for the past three summers.
Year No. Name (Chinese)
2002 24 湖南湘西花垣县花垣镇思谕欣欣小学
2002 41 湖南湘西吉首市排吼乡思谕欣欣小学
2002 42 湖南湘西吉首市河溪镇思谕欣欣小学
2002 43 湖南湘西永顺县塔卧镇广恩欣欣小学
2002 44 湖南湘西凤凰县禾库镇广恩欣欣小学
2002 32 湖南省平江县三墩乡振华小学
2003 53 湖南省湘西保靖县杨隆祜三小
2003 54 湖南省湘西芦溪县上堡乡梁继焜纪念学校
2003 82 湖南省湘西吉首市马颈坳镇育民欣欣小学
2003 45 湖南省常德市汉寿县军山铺镇中学欣欣永嘉综合楼
2003 46 湖南省石门县磨市镇商溪中学欣欣永嘉教学楼
2003 47 湖南省长沙县白沙乡杨隆佑一小
2003 48 湖南省长沙县白沙乡杨隆佑二小
2003 49 湖南省湘乡市育段乡育仁欣欣小学
2003 50 湖南省湘西永顺县石堤西湖片瑞云欣欣小学
2003 51 湖南省湘西花垣县龙潭镇广恩欣欣小学
2003 52 湖南省湘西吉首市矮寨镇广恩欣欣小学
2004 96 湖南省湘西花垣县长乐乡以琳欣欣小学
2004 78 湖南省汉寿县军山铺镇欣欣小学
2004 97 湖南省湘西龙山县石羔镇飞鹏欣欣小学
2004 105 湖南省桃江县浮邱山广恩欣欣小学
2004 332 湖南省临澧县四星岗镇斋阳欣欣小学
2004 98 湖南省湘西永顺县青坪镇广恩欣欣小学
2004 106 湖南省常德市鼎城区逆江坪乡杨隆祜欣欣小学
2004 99 湖南省湘西龙山县召市镇广恩欣欣小学
2004 100 湖南省湘西吉首市双塘镇仲浩欣欣小学
2004 108 湖南省常德市临澧县九里乡身影欣欣小学
2004 101 湖南省湘西吉首市白岩乡思谕小学
2004 109 湖南省常德市桃源县青林回族维吾尔族乡智诚欣欣学校
2004 102 湖南省湘西古丈县草潭乡龙飞欣欣小学
2004 103 湖南省湘西吉首市排绸乡标锦龙飞欣欣小学
2004 104 湖南省湘西凤凰县禾库镇以琳欣欣小学
2004 107 湖南省湘西泸溪县武溪镇乃新欣欣小学
2004 166 湖南省湘西凤凰县三拱桥乡乡音欣欣小学
2005 182 湖南省湘潭市湘乡县月山镇栗山乡许德期欣欣学校
2005 196 湖南省湘西吉首市丹青乃新欣欣中学
2005 180 湖南省平江县长寿镇广恩欣欣中心完小
2005 197 湖南省湘西花垣县大龙洞乡李绍姒欣欣中心小学
2005 181 湖南岳阳市平江县长寿镇新民欣欣完小
2005 227 湖南湘西湘西吉首市吉首乡思谕欣欣小学
2005 191 湖南湘西凤凰县落潮井乡唐家桥片思谕欣欣完小
2005 192 湖南湘西凤凰县水打田乡红星片仲浩欣欣完全小学
2005 228 湖南湘西花垣县民乐镇仲浩欣欣中心小学
2005 193 湖南湘西泸溪县谭溪镇炳麟欣欣中学
2005 176 湖南省新宁县安山许德期欣欣中心小学
2005 213 湖南湘西凤凰县官庄乡溪口梁继焜欣欣完小
2005 177 湖南永州市蓝山县汇源瑶族乡光明欣欣小学
2005 194 湖南湘西永顺县泽家乃新欣欣九年制学校
2005 178 湖南省郴州市桂东县宝康欣欣小学
2005 214 湖南湘西龙山县水沙坪乡信望爱欣欣中心小学
2005 179 湖南省衡阳市衡阳县富田李绍姒欣欣完小
2005 195 湖南湘西吉首市社塘坡禧福欣欣学校
2006 231 湖南望城县茶亭镇茶亭焦德孝欣欣小学
2006 254 湖南湘西龙山县召市镇欣欣中心小学
2006 229 湖南永州市江永县潇浦镇塘背光明欣欣小学
2006 230 湖南永州市江华瑶族自治州白芒营镇李绍姒欣欣小学
2007 270 湖南省益阳市桃江县三堂街镇李绍姒欣欣完全小学
2008 308 湖南省岳阳市君山区西城九公里程蓉菁欣欣小学
2008 309 湖南省株洲市茶陵县舲舫乡中心小学
2008 302 湖南省湘西吉首市矮寨镇克让欣欣小学
2008 303 湖南省湘西吉首市白岩乡真光欣欣中心完小
2019 353 湖南省娄底市新化县荣华乡慕贞欣欣小学
2020 354 湖南省祁阳县下马渡镇梅芙欣欣中心小学
Totally 63 school(s)/reading room(s).